A few recommendations for your reading pleasure (thanks to Neal Boortz, from whose page I swiped the article pointers):
- Algore backtracks on previous ethanol support, admits political pandering. Not a peep about global warming from the Pope of enviro-hysteria.
- A nice little piece by David Boaz on the things we have to be thankful for as Americans.
- Race pimp Al Sharpton is crying again, this time about wanting to silence talk radio. Yet another liberal opposed to freedom of speech.
- I may support (intelligent) TSA screening, but that doesn't mean I necessarily agree with libs like Chris Matthews.
- Obama's biggest lie (so far): "You can keep the health care you have". Article key quote; "The...question of health care reform has always been how to make things better for the 16 percent while not messing things up for the 82 percent. Obama decided to blow up the system for everyone."
- Liberal DREAMs, American nightmare. Beware the DREAM Act.
And finally, perhaps the most important news item of all (courteousy of my Pappy-in-law):
"Muslim suicide bombers in Britain are set to begin a three-day strike on Monday in a dispute over the number of virgins they are entitled to in the afterlife. Emergency talks with Al Qaeda have so far failed to produce an agreement.
The unrest began last Tuesday when Al Qaeda announced that the number of virgins a suicide bomber would receive after his death will be cut by 25% this February, from 72 to only 60. The rationale for the cut was the increase in recent years of the number of suicide bombings and a subsequent shortage of virgins in the afterlife.
The suicide bomber's union, the British Organization of Occupational Martyrs (BOOM) responded with a statement that this was unacceptable to its members and immediately balloted for strike action. General Secretary Abdullah Amir told the press, "Our members are literally working themselves to death in the cause of Jihad. We don't ask for much in return and to be treated like this is like a kick in the teeth."
Speaking from his shed in Tipton in the West Midlands , in which he currently resides, Al Qaeda chief executive Osama bin Laden explained, "We sympathize with our workers concerns, but Al Qaeda is simply not in a position to meet their demands. They are simply not accepting the realities of modern-day Jihad in a competitive marketplace. Thanks to Western depravity, there is now a chronic shortage of virgins in the afterlife. It's a straight choice between reducing expenditure and laying people off. I don't like cutting wages, but I'd hate to have to tell 3,000 of my staff that they won't be able to blow themselves up."
Spokespersons for the Union in the northeast of England , Ireland , Wales , and the entire Australian continent stated that the strike would not affect their operations, as "there are no virgins in their areas anyway."
Apparently the drop in the number of suicide bombings has been put down to the emergence of Scottish singing star Susan Boyle - now that Muslims know what an actual virgin looks like they are not so keen on going to paradise."
How about that?